/\

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Delicious is Tasty! Historious is boring!

Bookmarking is a very important necessity today for all regular and even non-regular users of the Net. It’s growing faster and new methods and sites for bookmarking are coming up. Whether they are browser addons, web apps or simple web sites.

For me, other than StumbleUpon and Delicious I haven’t come across anything better than that yet. Recently I got to know about a new bookmarking idea called Historious! Now to the idea behind it is pretty simple and interesting. I’m sure that you have used Google Search a million times before. Now… what if this ‘search’ returns results that only YOU need… with YOUR interests and YOUR favourites? Won’t that be cool? It sure would!

historify-site[3]

All you need to do is either click the ‘Historify’ the page you are currently at either by clicking just one button on your browser, or by simply adding the site URL to your Historious account. This will create a custom search engine with only the pages you have ‘Historified’! I was currently using Delicious and I thought that I just try Historious for a while… I’m back to Delicious! That is tasty… Historious is boring!!!

historify-noresults

I tried to ‘Historify’ my pages using the bookmarklet but nothing happened… no response! And copying and pasting the URL to another site is such an ancient habit! So forget it! No more of that! You can have a look at the results returned when I tried to see if any pages were saved (in the image below). Plus, for a search engine like Historious or Google, even though you get results according to what you want, nothing is arranged or sorted! With Delicious, everything is sorted in addition to having your pages stored separately. Plus, here you can arrange the sites in the way you want to! Here’s an example:

delicious-tags

The Historious “bookmarklet” is boring, a stupid JavaScript code, and does not work for me at all! With Delicious I have installed the Firefox addon which makes it so simple to bookmark my pages with just one click… which WORKS!! Delicious will remain with me for a long time, until something more simple, but fun to use comes my way!

If you've liked this post, click here for free updates.

Blogger Labels: Delicious,Historious,StumbleUpon,Google,Search,Historify,account,custom,engine,response,example,JavaScript,Firefox,browser,bookmarklet