/\

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Inspirers: Nelson Mandela - Invictus

TL007642It’s like an understatement to say that Nelson Mandela is an inspirer. Of course he is! And so are many others like Mahatma Gandhi, Mother Teresa, etc. So why exactly am I writing this post then? I was born in the year 1988. I did not know how great Mandela was or of his contributions to history. Even when I studied history in school, I wasn’t that inspired by Mandela at all. But it is when I watched this film Invictus  I got to feel and experience this amazing, positive and humble creation called Nelson Mandela. Here’s the critique of this film that I had published on Absolutely Filmy.

Gist: Nelson Mandela, in his first term as the South African President, initiates a unique venture to unite the apartheid-torn land: enlist the national rugby team on a mission to win the 1995 Rugby World Cup. Mandela with his humility, wisdom and forgiving nature turns South Africa into a land of love from a land of bitter racism!

Morgan Freeman and Matt Damon, nominated for Best Actor in a Leading and Supporting Role respectively, is truly deserved! Check this out… Morgan Freeman nominated for a “Leading” Role… Yep! He played one of the greatest leaders the world has ever seen… Nelson Mandela. This movie is all about how Mandela along with the Captain of the South African Rugby team François, shocked the world by winning the 1995 Rugby World Cup amidst Apartheid, hardships and other discrimination! South Africa was known now, finally for all the good reasons.

If you have been a Class Representative, School/College Leader, or any leader, or even if you haven’t and want to be a leader in the future, watching this movie is the first thing you MUST MUST do. I say, this movie MUST be shown to all leaders in the schools and colleges and even in the Parliament! I got goose-bumps more 6-7 times during the movie; this movie has got great moments, and a very realistic touch. Please watch it.

I give this movie 41/2 Stars

Here’s the poem which is the essence of the movie:

Invictus – by William Ernest Henleyinvictus

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

If you've liked this post, click here for free updates.

Blogger Labels: Inspirers,Nelson,Mandela,Invictus,Beta,understatement,Mahatma,Gandhi,Mother,Teresa,contributions,history,creation,Here,Filmy,Gist,South,African,President,rugby,team,mission,World,wisdom,Africa,racism,Morgan,Freeman,Matt,Damon,Best,Actor,Role,Check,leaders,movie,Captain,François,Apartheid,hardships,discrimination,Class,Representative,School,College,Leader,haven,colleges,Parliament,moments,Stars,poem,essence,William,Ernest,Henley,Black,gods,circumstance,Under,Beyond,wrath,Looms,Horror,Finds,strait,gate,punishments,scroll,fate